Super tasty, spicy and crispy! Here’s Rayeesa’s recipe for banging Spicy Veggie Pakoras - perfect for dipping into Pablo! Make sure you check out @spicedbyrayeesa for epic curry sauces!
(Makes enough for 15-20 pakoras)
75g gram flour
½ tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. garlic & ginger paste
1-1/2 tsp chilli powder
Small handful of chopped fresh coriander
1-2 fresh green chillies (finely chopped)- optional
Salt to taste
¼ cup of warm water
1 medium white onion (finely sliced)
Vegetable oil for frying
Optional ingredients: Cauliflower, green beans, aubergine.
Method for the pakoras:
1) Mix all the dry ingredients together with the fresh coriander.
2) Slowly start adding the water to form a thick batter.
3) Add the onions and/ or other vegetables and mix together to coat well and set aside.
4) Add the vegetable oil to a heavy based frying pan and heat allowing the oil to become very hot before reducing to a medium heat for cooking the pakoras. Caution: take care when frying due to the oil spitting.
5) Add spoonfuls of pakora batter mixture carefully into the oil, a few at a time, trying not to overcrowd the pan as this will affect the cooking of the pakoras.
6) Fry gently, turning over occasionally for 3 minutes or until golden brown in colour.
7) Remove the fried pakoras with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper to drain before transferring to serving dish.
😎 Either serve straight away or keep warm in a low oven (100°C) until ready to serve.