I’ve recently fallen in love with Gloucester’s sauce boss Tubby Tom, from his signature squealer hot sauce, to his incredible chilli jam (totally going to make a breakfast burger with that stuff) this guy is nailing it. but by far, his most versatile creation would be his Hot & Smokey BBQ Sauce. I’m going to be showing you how to make my dad’s signature hot n spicy wings soon, but for now, here’s a family favourite.
32 Chicken Wings
1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Sugar
Tubby Tom’s Hot & Smokey BBQ Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 165, line a large deep baking tray with aluminium foil and lightly brush with vegetable oil.
2. Individually, stretch out the wing and cut off the wing tip and dispose. Separate the remaining wing into a drumstick and a wingette by cutting joint.
3. Place wings in a single layer on the prepared tray, skin side up.
4. Lightly brush the wings with vegetable oil, then evenly coat in garlic salt, black pepper and sugar. Gently massage the rub into the wings.
5. Add 4 tablespoons of Tubby Tom’s Hot & Smokey BBQ Sauce to a cup, add an equal amount water, stir and apply to wings.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 90 minutes, until the wings are browned and reached a core temperature of 74
7. Remove tray from oven and gently brush with more BBQ Sauce.
8. Return wings to oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
HIT UP @iamattaboy ON INSTA AND CHECK ON ALL THE COOL SHIT THIS GUY IS DOING! Peace